Monday 3 January 2011

Store Credit...Madewell NYC

Interior- Madewell on Broadway, NYC

Madewell has never been a store on my holiday-shopping radar until August of this year, when Alexa chung designed a caspule collection for the American label. Since then I've been keeping a close eye on their latest offerings, and last week while in New York I finally got a chance to visit the Broadway store. While Ms Chung's collection has sold out at this stage, their mainline collection of jeans, silk blouses, glamerous knitwear and beautifully displayed costume jewellery is perfection.

The store is great, long and narrow with two floors of fun and loads of really nicely styled sales assistants at the ready. The styling is what really won me over, their mannequins, staff, and web shots are so well put together, that even a simple skater skirt transformed into my most coveted wardrobe essential. Genius!


Their star item which took pride of place in the store was the Telegraph trousers, a warm, thick jersey peg trouser which compared to the other items was really well priced ($88), and while I thought they might be the trouser that will revolutionise my wardrobe, and solve all my outfit dilemmas, I looked REALLY mumsy in them, so had to bow out! (Perhaps they look good on an Alexa-type?) I did go for one of their friendship bracelets and glitter thread fine knit sweaters though, and loved the silk blouses too. They also have a small collection of "Madewell Found" vintage one-offs which are scattered around too, like the denim cut offs above.

Oh great, another place to pop into the NYC-MUST VISIT black book! 

*C*

Far right- Telegraph trousers
All from madewell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment