Wednesday 2 February 2011

Shows to shops: Maxi skirts and crisp white shirts


I have been desperately looking forward to Spring/Summer'11since the shows last September. Scrap that, I always look forward to SS. No winter clothes suit me and I can't stand the layers. Not to mention I love a bare leg, ankle boot and dress ensemble as much as the combined cast of The City. So February is upon us and I am getting reeeeally impatient. So perusing my catwalk notes I came across one trend that happily is one of those "transitional" little numbers. One can start easing myself into the glorious brights and single layers of Spring's wardrobe without freezing one's behind off on exiting the tube station. Enter: The maxi skirt and crisp white shirt look. Jil Sander OWNED this look last season, but we saw it everywhere from Paul and Joe (above) to Akris and Giambattista Valli.

I never wear long sleeve shirts, as they interfere with my chunky watches and multiple bracelets, so this season I will be continuing to wear my Thomas Pink short sleeve white shirt (these are always available for £68 every season) as well as a nice 3/4 length number from COS or Zara. Need inspiration? Enjoy our pick of the best below...

*C* 

Shirt £184 DSquared2 + skirts from left to right; Pucci £718 at Matches, Rocha.John Rocha £35 Debenhams, Erdem £730 at Net-a-Porter, Ashish £540 at Browns, Love Label £35 at Very


No comments:

Post a Comment