Saturday 12 February 2011

Today's special... Mih Marrakesh jeans


www.donnaida.com

There's not been a fashionista I've spoken to who doesn't have a pair of Marrakeshs at the top of their denim dream list. Whilst flares are having a jean moment the Mih Marrakeshs are THE flares to be seen in. I simply need a pair and haven't lusted after a trouser this much since my quest for a pair of Houlihans, which thankfully had a very happy ending. I called in a few pairs of Marrakeshs for a shoot last week and that's what gave them a place on my wish list. They fit great and really are super flattering. I especially love where they sit on the hip. High enough but not quite high-waisted, which really doesn't work on me.  

When worn with a good heel or wedge no jean shape makes your legs gain as many extra inches quite like the skinny flare, . When I wore my flares for the first time this season I was a bit unsure, I felt like I'd joined the 70's gang. All I needed was some tan and orange, platforms, and a floppy hat. Now I love them and actually right now love them more then my skinnies, which is really saying something as I am a skinny addict. 

The skinny flare mostly suits the tall and long legged, however I am neither and they work for me. As always with jeans it's getting the best fit and length for you, it helps if you know a good tailor to help you with any extra inches. Also decide whether you will wear them with heels or flats as this makes a major difference to leg length. I prefer mine with chunky 70's heels but if you choose for flats go for a smarter flat like a loafer. Get yourself to denim dream boutique Donna Ida to pick up your pair, hurry as these are very popular jeans indeed!

Best served with: Wedges, a sheer blouse and a fisherman's chunky knit to take you perfectly from winter to spring.

*M*

No comments:

Post a Comment